Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Ghanan faker trying to get your money

From : chr kanu
Reply-To :
Sent : Monday, July 9, 2007 1:00 PM
Subject : Dear Sir/Madam,URGENT BUSINESS
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Originating-IP: [216.250.221.5]
Received: from bay0-omc3-s18.bay0.hotmail.com ([65.54.246.218]) by bay0-imc3-s35.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2444); Mon, 9 Jul 2007 06:00:25 -0700
Received: from BLU111-W33 ([10.6.62.68]) by bay0-omc3-s18.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668); Mon, 9 Jul 2007 06:00:21 -0700
X-Message-Info: LsUYwwHHNt0W9hfqf5comrBG9CjO88k1HgNbqQuqqkBX6PvKJvTHSP8ggOXNRRAV
Return-Path: kanuchr19@hotmail.com
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 Jul 2007 13:00:21.0498 (UTC) FILETIME=[1B8C5DA0:01C7C229]

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_238cafa8-45bf-4c1e-b376-47611aab70d2_"
Content-Type: text/html; charset=Windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dear Sir/Madam,URGENT BUSINESS
I am a staff of one of the leading banks in Ghana. I
will give you the name of my bank and other important information if
I
receive a positive reply from you. For security reasons I cannot
disclose my full identity to you now until I am sure of your
cooperation. I work in the operations dept where I serve as account
officer to numerous customers. One of the customers whom I worked as
his account officer was a wealthy diamond merchant from America.
Because this man was good to me when he was alive, I took it upon
myself to travel to his country last month, to see if I could locate
any of his close relations.

On reaching there I discovered that his only surviving uncle died a few
months back. I sponsored this trip on my own and nobody in the bank
knew I was undertaking the journey so I did not present any official
report of my findings in the bank. Now there are two things I could do
with regards to the money. First, as his accounts officer, I could
formally notify the bank authorities that the man is dead and has no
next of kin. In this case the money would be forfeited to the
government
after some time. As a matter of fact this is the proper thing I am
supposed to do.

Another thing I can do is to arrange for someone else, a foreigner, to
act as the next of kin of the late man so that he will claim the
money. This is the option that I can do to help anybody and myself
since the money actually is public fund due to the fact that my friend
was a close ally to the late brutal military president that looted
government treasury. And that is why I have chosen to do it.
I want you to be my partner. All you would have to do is act as the
next of kin of the dead man and the whole money in the account will be
transferred to your account. As the accounts officer to the late man, I
have all the necessary documents that will require claiming the money
in the account. The total money in the account is USD17 million. Your
share will be 30%, which is USD5, 100,000. My colleague and i will
share70%. Reach me immediately by mail so that I can give you further
details.Also provide me you with direct telephone to reach you.
PLS SEND REPLY TO MY PRIVATE BOX chr_kanu_207@yahoo.de
kanu christopher


Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club. Join Live Search Club!


This one particularly makes no sense at all.
So you work in a bank, have a foreign rich customer who dies, you go search his relatives, find none, and now you are telling that the government in Ghana gets the money of an American who died there? Unless anyone with a hopefully American passport can fake to be their relative and they will get 30 % for faking it.

Uh oh. The 'dear sir/madam' part is always a brilliant start...

Dear Mr Scam Kanu, how did you find me? What race was this dead man of? Do you personally think that your story makes any sense?

No comments: