Saturday, September 01, 2007

Joey Jones, an American soldier in Iraq, fluent in Chinese, with millions of dollars to offer to Hello Pal...

From : Sgt.Joey Jones. < thepreacherman@yahoo.com >
Reply-To : sgtjoeyjones_usarmy@yahoo.com.cn
Sent : Monday, August 6, 2007 12:27 AM
To : [my email]
Subject : CAN I TRUST YOU?(Assistance Needed From Iraq)

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: from quox.net ([85.214.52.163]) by bay0-mc2-f16.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668); Sun, 5 Aug 2007 17:32:01 -0700
Received: (qmail 21834 invoked by uid 30); 6 Aug 2007 02:27:06 +0200
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0zLjQuMDt1cz0wO2k9MDtsPTA7YT0w
X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jGrtPiMsbkWHeFOfu0UTMWNk75KwY6EJLv0RgxjUL0NeZS8MVeTDBweM+6V/OPh1CZh4GCH5tQi1Q==
Return-Path: root@quox.net
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Aug 2007 00:32:01.0953 (UTC) FILETIME=[34E68110:01C7D7C1]

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello Pal,

I hope my email meets you well. I am in need of your assistance. My name is
Sgt. Joey Jones. I am an American soldier serving in the military of the 1st
Armored Division in Iraq, we have just been posted out of Iraq and to return in
a short while. My colleague and I need your help to transfer out the sum of
Twnety Five Mllion U.S Dollars (US25.0M).

The money which is now in the custody of a Security Company is part of the
money we seized from late Saddam Hussein but was not declared. Right now I am
in the Bagdad trying to sort out things with the Security Company to ensure a
smooth and unhindered transfer of the money to you,Therefore be assured that the
transfer is safe and risk free.

My colleague and I need a good partner someone we can trust to actualize this
venture.But we are moving it through diplomatic means to your house directly or
a safe and secured location of your choice using a shipping company.But can we
trust you? Once the funds get to you, you take your 40% out and keep our own
60%. Your own part of this deal is to find a safe place where the funds can be
sent to. Our own part is sending it to you.

If you are interested I will furnish you with more details,
Awaiting your urgent response.

Your Buddy.
Sgt. Joey Jones.

God Bless America!!!!


Maybe these scammers have realized that while the general public gets more xenophobic and does not trust that much all these Abdul Al Abdullah who have the Hundreds of Millions of Euro Dollars to offer you (whom they found in the internet and trust you with their millions ..), so all these American soldiers in Iraq are now hten norm then?

At least the spelling isn't as retarded as the majority of the Nigerian scammers have.

I just find it very very odd that an American soldier named Joey Jones would have enough Chinese skills to use Yahoo chinese email... also if he did know enough Chinese to actually use it, what would he be doing in Iraq? And with all these millions, "Hello Pal"? Odd choice of words there...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT, SHOT IN THE HEAD AND LEFT FOR THE BUZZARDS TO EAT FOR IMPERSONATING AND AMERICAN SOLDIER! HOOAH!!!

Anonymous said...

Oorah I agree with what you said. It is really low to take what is currently happening and try to use it for an ill purpose.

LCpl-USMC

Proud Army Wife said...

I totally agree. I just received a similar email from a "SGT Joey Jones"...really really made me angry, especially since I am a proud Army wife of a soldier who is on his SECOND deployment to Iraq as we speak. Screw that guy. Let him walk up to a real soldier and see what happens. HOOAH!!!

Mrs. SSG Curtis USA

Anonymous said...

seems the wsorld has enough stupid games and now some one pretending to be a us soldier whats next