Sunday, February 01, 2009

Not too original Nigerian one - style points: 2

Somewhat original. Maybe I should do some scale to score them, 0 = fail to 10 = a masterpiece.
So let's try... this one

1. Style with having a from address as something .org. That looks impressive and takes at least 5 $ to register a domain usually, but doing a whois doesn't return an eaglerockcc.org.
2. Going with a more modest amount of money - should this score more? Maybe more people's alarms go off seeing the usual hundreds of millions of $.
3. The usual BS - a free email address to reply to, all utterly confidential while you send it to undisclosed-recipients...
Meh. Score: 2 - not very impressive or original.

UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL/
From: "Anthony"
To: undisclosed-recipients

Hi,

Pardon me for not having the pleasure of knowing your mindset before making you this offer and it is utterly confidential and genuine by virtue of its nature.I write to solicit your assistance in a funds transfer deal involving US$3.5M.

This fund has been stashed out of the excess profit made last year by my branch office the International Commercial Bank which I am the manager.

I have already submitted an approved end of the year report for the year 2005 to my head office here in Accra-Ghana and they will never know of this excess. I have since then, placed this amount on a Non-Investment Account without a
beneficiary.

Upon your response, I will configure your name on our database as holder of the Non-Investment Account. I will then guide you on how to apply to my head office for the Account Closure/ bank-to-bank remittance of the funds to your designated bank account.

If you concur with this proposal, I intend for you to retain 30% of the funds while 70% shall be for me.

Kindly forward your response to: tonicb12@aim.com

Mobile: +233-24-468-5072

With Regards,

Anthony Aka

No comments: